Eurocucina 2010, the international kitchen furniture exhibition held every two years in Milan, sets the tone in the world of design. Luca Fellini, kitchen designer, was there to observe the current tendencies and novelties.
The environment was one of the main themes in Eurocucina 2010. Seeking to go beyond promises and good intentions, exhibitors proposed and implemented concrete solutions, including:
• The use of materials that produce low emissions of formaldehydes and that respect norm F****, as defined by JIS regulation. This standard is certified by the Japanese government, which is renowned for applying the strictest guidelines in terms of environmental protection.
• The manufacture of kitchen cabinetry structures in 100% recycled wood (panello ecologico).
• The use of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified wood and of water-based resins.
• The use of bamboo, considered a renewable material given its exceptional growth rate.
• The incorporation of LED lighting in cupboards and toe kicks.
no images were found